Saturday, September 24

autumn and thrifting haul

Friday marked the first day of Autumn and I couldn't be more thrilled. Everything about this season makes me swoon, like this fangirl swooning over Twilight. Okay, not quite, but you get the point. It's by far the best season, filled with a natural charm and allure that I swear brings out the best in everyone. Apple cider, flannel, foliage, pumpkin flavored everything, bike rides, school supplies, chunky knit scarves, and sales on Halloween candy, come on what's not to like? Fall also means LAYERS (capitalized for excitement) and possibly one of the best color pallets, by far.


I love the deep rich earth tones mixed with soft neutrals. Looks like a pile of leaves a little, huh?

So this morning I finally felt somewhat decent after 4/5 days of agonizing mouth pain (let me tell you, abscesses, fillings and root canals are about as pleasant as they sound) and so I decided to put myself together and head out to a thrift store nearby called Savers. It's like a little slice of heaven for anyone who likes variety and hates spending more than 10 dollars on something as simple as a knit sweater.

For those of you who love to go thrifting, or have never done so before, I insist that you check out the blog Foxtail + Fern and read her wonderfully helpful list of 11 Tips for Thrfiting - because well, it can be frustrating at times and it's nice to have a plan.


First I found this top. It's a mustard yellow button up blouse and it was $2.99.




I know that this color is gaining popularity for this season so I decided to snoop around online and I found this blouse that is extremely similar and it's priced at $68! Win!

Then I grabbed this sheer black and white striped blouse. It's very see-through and I adore it, partly because of I think it has a Beetlejuice-esque-ness. That's a thing right? Well anyway, it was $3.99 so I was pleased.




I grabbed this sweater because of it's comfy, cozy, rainy day quality and when I saw it didn't have a price I asked the man at the register and he rang it in as $1! Good thing I brushed my hair before I went, right?


And finally, I saw these 2 silk scarves and fell in love.
The one on the left was $1.99 and the one on the right was $2.99.



They're the long, rectangular kind which means they're easy to style and perfect for wrapping around your hair to dress up a boring pony tail or bun. If you don't know what I'm referring to, than I suggest you check out Keiko Lynn's Head Scarf Tutorial. She shows how to dress up a hair-do with a vintage scarf, and it literally takes minutes!


The total cost of my thrifting haul purchases, minus a pumpkin swirl coffee from Dunks, was about $13.00!
Probably the the same cost as just one shirt from any given store at the mall, just sayin'.


Now get off the internet and go do Fall things :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice purchases > They are you!

Post a Comment