Saturday, October 29

there was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars

I can't wait to save up enough money to travel. It's all I've ever wanted to do, and I think many people would agree with me on that. There's nothing more depressing than seeing the same scenery everyday, stuck in the same routine - you begin to feel trapped. You begin to forget that everyday is a gift. I tend to make small, insignificant things, huge consuming parts of my life, and I have to constantly remind myself not to do that. Life is fleeting and it's mine and I cannot let anyone else consume it or control it. I watched this video the other day and sat there immobile, for 8 minutes, eyes watering, while my body slowly covered in goosebumps and I relaized how small we all are, how small all my "problems" really are. I suggest you watch it too (but click and watch it big on youtube, this format does not do it justice).




I want to see the desert, and mountains, and the pacific ocean. I want to drink a pint in a pub in Ireland and espresso from a tiny cup in a cafe in France. I want to drive across country in my crappy car with just my music and my camera and maybe a giant bag of Swedish Fish. But for now, I can barely afford to take a few days off with my boyfriend, so until the day comes when I can pack up and go and not have to worry about bills or responsibilities, I'll look at these pictures and dream of a freedom that's just out of my reach.


Big Sur, California/Peter Martin


Yellowstone/Peter Martin


Iceland/xTorfinnx on Flickr



Paris/source




You get the picture. (ha!)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment