Sunday, November 13

shorts are a year round trend, you know

source

Sometimes I look into my closet and sigh and groan and wonder, what the hell am I going to wear today? I know I have plenty of clothes, but many of them are not "winter" friendly, you know? My fashion style is starting to become more refined and slowly, very slowly, I'm adding more blouses and classic pieces to my wardrobe (because obviously blouses say I'M A GROWN UP right?) even still, I have quite a few tank tops and shorts that seem boring but I'd like not to forget about them in the colder months. Tank tops are simple to winter-fy - just add a cardigan! But shorts - how do you wear shorts when it's snowing out and you have the temperament of a 70 year old woman? (I'm always chilly!)

source

Just add tights! It's brilliant and simple and it honestly looks super classy if you style it right. There's jean, tweed, wool, lace, silk, leather - literally any kind of shorts work if you take the time and effort to pair them right. And the best part? In the off-season months, shorts are typically cheaper than usual (especially at wholesale places like forever21). If you time it right, at the end of summer when they have ever piece of summer wear on sale, snag a few shorts for super cheap and you're all set!


source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source




Featured above are just some inspiration to keep you creative in your fashion choices this winter! And GOOD GOD, HAVE FUN WITH IT. Style is personal and it's all about having fun and seeing what you can come up with. (Watch Bill Cunningham: New York, he'll tell you!) I try to never be judgmental or mean, but i think the Ugg boots and a North Face jacket trend sends out a very clear message that says, "I didn't give any thought to what I was going to wear today and I enjoy looking like everyone else". I guess I just see it as, it doesn't take much effort to develop your own style and wear clothes that show some personality, so why wouldn't you do it? You know?


Have a great week everyone :)

1 comments:

Post a Comment