Tuesday, April 23

Skincare Routine/Products I Love

I'm not an expert at proper skincare by any means, but I do appreciate when people share their routines/favorite products so I thought I'd share mine! If I had unlimited funds, the products I'd purchase would be a bit nicer, but this is what I can afford and it works for me! (Also quick side note, there are some products not included in the photo because, on some, the packaging isn't what it used to be, and no one wants to see a picture of an unattractive product, amiright?!)



So first I use these Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Facial Wipes to take off my makeup. They're SO GENTLE. I have pretty sensitive skin and they aren't irritating or rough, and one wipe usually does my entire face (bonus!). I even like to use them right when I get home from work and know that I'm in for the night because who wants to sit at home with a face full of makeup? Also, they're available just about everywhere so if I run out I don't have to panic trying to find more.





Next I'll use whatever eye makeup remover I happen to have on hand (for anything the Simple wipes didn't get). I think I'm finishing up a bottle of the Ulta brand right now, but I also like the Almay wipes or Maybelline has some great stuff! 

Then I wash my face. This is the tricky part because I have sensitive, slightly acne prone skin so I'm always trying new products. Right now I'm using a sample size of the Philosophy Purity Make Simple One Step Cleanser and it's wonderful. It's a light, milky consistency and feels so soft on my skin. It cleans and moisturizes and I haven't had any breakouts really so I'll probably re-purchase! (The cap broke off somehow, that's why there's no picture!) 

I like to wash my face morning and night, but at night sometimes instead of a regular face wash, I'll use the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. The texture is grainy but in a good way and it really feels like I'm polishing my skin! It's also gentle enough for daily use which is great news because you kind of get addicted to using it!

Once or twice a week I'll use this Up & Up Apricot Facial Scrub (a St. Ives dupe). I use this one sparingly because it is much harsher and as I said, my skin is pretty sensitive. 


To tone my face and cool/moisture it after cleansing, I like to use Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel. Seriously - this product is phenomenal. It's been around for ages and rightfully so. It's soothing and gentle and cleansing and while the smell is a bit strong for some, I adore it. I dab some on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face and neck and I can tell a difference in my skins vitality instantly. (I also keep some in a small spray bottle in my purse just incase I need a pick me up during the day, because honestly it makes my face feel so fresh!)


For dark spots on my chin I've been trying this Ponds Dark Spot Correcting Cream. It's just a thick cream that I spread on my chin/problem areas at night and so far I don't have any complaints! (But also no results, womp womp.) I'm hoping that after time I'll see some results but until then it's just acting as a nice moisturizer!

On current spots, I'll either use Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment (not pictured) or this Burts Bees Acne Solutions Spot Treatment. They're both very potent Salicylic Acid products and depending on the pimple, I'll use one over the other! (The Burts Bees for harsher spots that need some extra soothing as well, and the Clean and Clear for simple, less harsh spots.)


On my lips I'll use this Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips. You know how some people say to scrub your lips with a toothbrush to remove dry skin? Well it's like that, but tastier! You just pinch some out of the pot, spread it on your lips and start scrubbing! After, you can lick off the excess (though I usually don't because I've just brushed my teeth) but it's honestly such a a dream for cleaning up dry, flaky lips!


After, my lips usually feel a bit raw/exposed so I use this Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant on them (honestly because I saw Rachel from CheckInTheMirror using it and it's supposed to be a miracle worker). The verdict: it smells like going to the doctors and feels like thick burn gel but DESPITE those things, it works like a charm! There's a whole laundry list of uses for this 8 Hour cream and I plan to try them all!



Thank you for reading! I hope this was interesting/maybe helped you in your decision making. Please feel free to let me know if you've tried any of these products and how you feel about them as well!





1 comments:

Alison Clarke said...

I liked this blog. It has useful information about skin care. Thank you sharing, I've bookmarked this blog for future reference. Keep writing, Kristen.

Regards,
Alison
obagi nu derm starter kit

Post a Comment